MANOR HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056497

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: MANOR HOTEL, 28, HENDFORD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056497 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 15:35:19.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOTEL, 28, HENDFORD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Yeovil

National Grid Reference: ST 55440 15853

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST5515NE YEOVIL CP HENDFORD (West side)

7/36 No 28 (Manor Hotel)

- - II

Town House, now a hotel. 1776, built for John Daniell. Ham Stone ashlar, with Welsh slated hipped roof behind parapets. 2-storey South East facade, set wall back from the road, of 5 bays; with a central Ionic porch with complete entablature and pediment, the attached columns merging into pilasters: three steps up to pair of 3-fielded panel doors; windows at both levels of 12-pane sashes in plain openings. The quoins are unmarked, but there is a plinth, first floor band course and a dentilled cornice below a plain parapet. The return elevations match: the South West side has 2-blind first floor windows; one ground floor window converted to french windows and another blocked (A early C20 2-storey extension to the West corner of little interest). The North East side, 5-bays, has 2-blind first floor windows, and a doorway centrally to ground floor with architrave and entablature terminating in a shallow flat hood - opening partly blocked and a window fitted; the window in bay 5 has been narrowed. John Daniel was a banker; the property originally known as Hendford House. Successor owners include John Greenham, Portreeve and Town Commissioner, and his son Frederick, Mayor of Yeovil 1856.

Listing NGR: ST5544015853

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 261366

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing