HIGHER PRESTON FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056511

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: HIGHER PRESTON FARM HOUSE, PRESTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGHER PRESTON FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056511 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 16:13:38.

Location

Statutory Address: HIGHER PRESTON FARM HOUSE, PRESTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Yeovil

National Grid Reference: ST 53364 16201

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST51NW YEOVIL CP PRESTON ROAD (South side)

1/65 Higher Preston Farm House

-

- II

Farmhouse, built 1649, but subsequently modified; Ham Stone, random coursed with fine face; plain Clay tile roof between coped gables, 2 end chimneys and one uff centre rebuilt in brick. Main South facade has irregular fenestration. 2-storeys, with one 4-light stone mullioned window with ovolo mouldings and label over, off-centre door (relocated) and on right-hand two 2-light mullioned windows with hollow chamfers; on first floor 5-C20 double windows. On North (street) facade two 3-light and one 4-light stone mullioned windows with large rectangular leaded panes, hollow chamfer moulded with labels over; at first floor level two 3-light wooden casements, one with ovolo mouldings, both with leaded panes. Interior not inspected, but Sir R Hall refers to lintol in kitchen fireplace dated 1649, and to elm ceiling beams with scroll stops to chamfers. The lean-to on the East side and all outbuildings of little interest. (Hall, Sir R. De Z. 'Post Medieval Land Tenure, Preston Plucknett' 1961 S.A.N.H.S. Proceedings Vol. 105).

Listing NGR: ST5336416201

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 261403

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society' in Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society, , Vol. 105, (1961)

End of official listing