THE OLD MARKET HOUSE TEA SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056639
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
THE OLD MARKET HOUSE TEA SHOP, BOW STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MARKET HOUSE TEA SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056639 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 00:56:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD MARKET HOUSE TEA SHOP, BOW STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Langport
National Grid Reference:
ST 41904 26753

Details

LANGPORT CP BOW STREET (South side) ST4126 10/79 The Old Market House Tea Shop (formerly listed as Market House Inn) 17.4.59 GV II

House, now restaurant. Earlier C18. Rendered, Ham stone dressings, all colourwashed; plain clay tiled roof between abutments; brick chimney stacks to rear. Two storeys, 3 bays. Rusticated quoins, thin string course between floors, coved eaves moulding: above, 12-paned sash windows in architraves with keystoned segmental arched heads; below, matching opening to doorway of bay 2, with 6-panelled door having glazed toplight; to bays 1 and 3 are composite sash windows, of 2+6+2 panes bay 1, probably early C20, and of 3+9+3 panes bay 3, somewhat earlier, both in plain openings. A few C18 fittings internally to ground floor, but premises not fully seen. (Premises were an inn at time of last survey, 1952/1959).

Listing NGR: ST4190426753

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
263144
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08938/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Andrew Parslow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].