LLOYDS BANK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056701

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: LLOYDS BANK, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LLOYDS BANK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056701 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 15:50:29.

Location

Statutory Address: LLOYDS BANK, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Somerton

National Grid Reference: ST 49006 28533

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST49NW SOMERTON CP MARKET PLACE (West side)

9/185 Lloyds Bank (formerly listed as The Manor House)

17.4.59

GV II

House, now bank. Mostly late C19, possibly incorporating C17 work. Local lias stone cut and squared, with Ham stone dressings, ground floor colourwashed; double Roman clay tiled roof with plain gable; stone end chimney stacks, moulded. Two storeys, 4 bays. Sash windows of 12 panes in plain raised toothed ashlar surrounds to upper level; below a rendered front with plinth, rusticated pilasters up to string course, and architraved sash windows; a pair of 12-pane to bay 1, 12-pane bay 3 and 16-pane bay 4; to bay 2 a C20 panelled door under simple timber hood. Included primarily for group value: it occupies part of site of the Great House of prior to 1661, of which the adjoining Manor House (qv) is a surviving fragment. (VCH, Volume III, 1974).

Listing NGR: ST4900828533

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 262991

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1974)

End of official listing