THE LYNCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056721
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1959
Statutory Address:
THE LYNCH, BEHIND BERRY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LYNCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 02:05:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE LYNCH, BEHIND BERRY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Somerton
National Grid Reference:
ST 49074 28831

Details

ST49NW SOMERTON CP BEHIND BERRY (North side)

9/132 The Lynch

17.4.59

GV II

Detached house. Probably between 1800-1830, roof modified late Cl9. Local lias stone cut to near ashlar, with Ham stone dressings; hipped Welsh slate roof with central belvedere, bracketted eaves; stone chimney stacks. Two storeys with attic; east elevation 3 bays, of which the centre projects slightly, and is crowned with a shallow parapet. Above, 9-pane sash windows in plain openings; below Venetian windows set in semi circular arches, with radial fluted panels over, Adam style, under gauged stonework: to centre, pair part glazed doors up 2 steps, framed by open porch with Tuscan columns and pilasters, and full entablature. Matching elevations to north, 4 bays, and west, 3 bays, but both incorporating some blind windows, with plain sash windows below; some later C19 lean-to extensions on south side. Interior apparently not greatly altered, the detailing being largely Regency in character.

Listing NGR: ST4907428831

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
262937
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/08936/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Barker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].