This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LITTLE MARSTON FARM HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LITTLE MARSTON FARM HOUSE

List entry Number: 1056776

Location

LITTLE MARSTON FARM HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: West Camel

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Aug-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 262754

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST52SE WEST CAMEL CP LITTLE MARSTON

4/132 Little Marston Farm House

-

- II

Farmhouse. Late C18 with earlier fragments. Local stone cut and squared, random coursed; Welsh slate roofs between coped gables with finials: central brick chimney stack to front roof. Complex plan; under 5 roofs, 4 of which run parallel: East elevation 2-storeys of 3-bays. Central 6-panelled front door with fanlight over set in wood lattice front porch; 16-pane sash windows, the upper panes smaller than the lower, in plain reveals with voussoired flat arches over. North elevation has 4 gables, with C20 doors and windows. Well documentated history; the Domesday manor of Marston Parva, it belonged to John when he became king in 1199; held by Stourton family from 1402 to 1641, it then had a private chapel and its own well; transferred to Seymour family in 1766, who held it well into C20, by which time it is described as Little Marston Farm.

Listing NGR: ST5792022612

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 57920 22612

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056776 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2017 at 11:23:53.

End of official listing