MANOR FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1056802
Date first listed:
19-Apr-1961
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE, PRIMROSE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056802 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 17:30:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE, PRIMROSE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Mudford
National Grid Reference:
ST 57747 18897

Details

ST51NE MUDFORD CP PRIMROSE LAKE (off) UP MUDFORD

6/106 Manor Farm House

19.4.61

- II*

Manor house. 1630 with earlier and later parts. Ham stone ashlar, with extensions in coursed rubble and Mudford brick; concrete imitation stone slates, after fire damage circa 1915, stone chimney stacks. 2 storeys with attic; South front of 4 bays with one-bay extension to bay-1, with 6+2-light hollow chamfer mullioned windows, and corbelled attic gable with 4-light windows, and ball finials to crown and end of coping. 4-light hollow chamfer windows bays 2 and 4, and a 3-light to bay 3 over a rebuilt doorway; boarded door with architrave and flat moulded hood on console brackets, with cuboid sundial over similar to that of St Mary's Church Mudford (qv) - door knocker, now removed, was dated 1730. 2-storey brick extension in English bond with 4-light mullioned window; later extension in squared rubble to rear. On site of a cell used by monks of Montacute Abbey, developed into house in 1630 by John Harbin; at one time the Courthouse was in its grounds. (Francis Goulding, Ashington, Chilton Cantelo, Mudford: the Story of Three Somerset Parishes, 1982).

Listing NGR: ST5774718897

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
262716
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Goulding, F, Ashington Chilton Cantelo Mudford The Story of Three Somerset Parishes, (1982)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/08008/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek C. J. Garrett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].