THE RYALL CHEST TOMB, 4 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056836
Date first listed:
16-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
THE RYALL CHEST TOMB, 4 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RYALL CHEST TOMB, 4 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056836 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 05:35:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RYALL CHEST TOMB, 4 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE SOUTH TRANSEPT, CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Chilton Cantelo
National Grid Reference:
ST 57033 22167

Details

ST52SE CHILTON CANTELO CP

4/8 The Ryall Chest Tomb, 4 metres South South-east of the South-east corner of the South Transept, Church of Saint James -

GV II Chest tomb. Mid C18. Ham stone ashlar, carved: moulded base, fielded panels, one to each side and flank, with coffered pilasters to flanks only, heavily moulded hipped top. Commemorates, amongst others, Christian Ryall, died 1761, and John Ryall, died 1770 - much of inscriptions badly worn. One of a good group of five tombs.

Listing NGR: ST5703322167

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
262620
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08008/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek C. J. Garrett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].