LITTLE MANOR AND WEST MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056874

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: LITTLE MANOR, CHURCH LANE

Statutory Address: WEST MANOR, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LITTLE MANOR AND WEST MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056874 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Mar-2019 at 08:56:47.

Location

Statutory Address: LITTLE MANOR, CHURCH LANE

Statutory Address: WEST MANOR, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Misterton

National Grid Reference: ST4532008160

Details

ST40NE MISTERTON CP CHURCH STREET (East side)

6/164 Little Manor and West Manor

4.2.58

GV II

Pair of houses, formerly part of Manor House (qv). C17, remodelled and extended in 1878. Ham stone ashlar and near-ashlar; Welsh slate roofs between coped gables; stone chimney stacks. Double roof plan: 2 storeys, 5-bay north elevation, with straight joint between bays 4 and 5. Hollow-chamfer mullioned windows in chamfered recesses. To first floor of 3 lights bays 2, 3 and 4, and to bay 1 a 2-light, deeper and double-transomed, blank upper bay 5. Below, 3-light windows, and C20 door to lower bay 1. Entrance to West Manor in west gable; C19 doorway with beaded architrave and flat hood on console brackets. South elevation to match generally, but Little Manor has a 2-storey angled bay window with architraved sash windows. Interiors not seen. Originally a C17 'L'-plan building, it was extended eastwards by Manor End (qv), and in 1878 was extended westwards and the angle filled. (VCH Somerset, Vol IV, 1978, p64).

Listing NGR: ST4532008160

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 262414

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1978)

End of official listing