Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056967

Date first listed: 04-Feb-1958

Date of most recent amendment: 18-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: BUCKRELLS


Ordnance survey map of BUCKRELLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056967 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Mar-2019 at 11:12:16.


Statutory Address: BUCKRELLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Seavington St. Michael

National Grid Reference: ST 40893 15179


SEAVINGTON ST MICHAEL CP ST41NW SEAVINGTON ST MICHAEL VILLAGE 2/82 Buckrells (formerly listed as Buckrells House) 4.2.58


Detached house. Earlier C17. Ham stone, mostly near-ashlar with dressings, but cut and squared to north end; Welsh slate roof with stone slate base course between coped gables; stone slab chimney stacks. 'L'-plan; 2 storeys with attics, 4 bays. 0volo-mould mullioned windows in wave-mould recesses; to bay 1 which is the end gable of an east crosswing, a 3-light window with label at attic level, and in north return a similar window without label to first floor, the mullion removed; to bay 2 a 2-light below, and bay 3 has 4-light below and 3-light above; bay 4 has 3-light windows to both levels, the lower with label; shared label bays 2 and 3 which steps up over the bay 3 window and again over the doorway to right of bay 3, which is cambered-arched with incised spandrels, set in a wave-mould rectangular recess, with a fanlight cut into the lintel over. Single matching window in west gable, and several on southern flank. interior not seen. Known as a farmhouse by 1640; reduced in size by roadworks in 1960s. (VCH, Vol III, 1974).

Listing NGR: ST4089315179


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 264171

Legacy System: LBS


Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1974)

End of official listing