CHURCH ROOM, ABOUT 3 METRES NORTH OF WHITE GATES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057024
Date first listed:
29-Sep-1981
Date of most recent amendment:
18-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCH ROOM, ABOUT 3 METRES NORTH OF WHITE GATES

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH ROOM, ABOUT 3 METRES NORTH OF WHITE GATES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057024 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 16:30:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH ROOM, ABOUT 3 METRES NORTH OF WHITE GATES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Kingstone
National Grid Reference:
ST 39278 13355

Details

ST31SE KINGSTONE CP ALLOWENSHAY

4/29 Church Room, about 3 metres north of White Gates (formerly listed as Monkston's Cottage and adjacent Cuwran Room)

29.9.81

GV II

Church room. Dated 1911. Ham stone rubble, ashlar dressings; double Roman clay tiled roof with ornamental bargeboards to gables and sawtooth ridge tiles. Single-storey; 2-bay west, roadside, elevation. Hollow-chamfer mullioned windows in wave-mould recesses with labels over, both 4-light; between these at plinth level a foundation stone of 1911, laid by Countess Poulett (of Hinton St. George). In the south gable a plain doorway with brick jambs; rendered leanto against north gable. Included principally for its group value in this small settlement.

Listing NGR: ST3927813355

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
264113
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10853/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Perry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].