PUGH MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 16 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057103
Date first listed:
29-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
PUGH MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 16 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of PUGH MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 16 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057103 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 00:32:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
PUGH MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 16 METRES NORTH OF NAVE, CHURCH OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Ashill
National Grid Reference:
ST 32109 17284

Details

ASHILL CP ASHILL VILLAGE ST31NW 2/7 Pugh monument in churchyard, about 16 metres north of nave, Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary

GV II

Chest tomb. Early C19. Ham stone. Step base, moulded plinth; one fielded panel each face, with fluted pilasters to flanks; moulded coving to shallow hipped top with rounded leading edges. Commemorates Zebulon Pugh, died 1821, and his wife Rebecca, died 1820.

Listing NGR: ST3210917284

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
263904
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/08334/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tony Ovens. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].