CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057306
Date first listed:
05-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057306 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 09:45:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
West Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Treborough
National Park:
EXMOOR
National Grid Reference:
ST0107636356

Details

ST03NW TREBOROUGH CP TREBOROUGH VILLAGE

12/104 Churchyard cross about 10 metres south of porch, Church of St Peter

-

GV II

Churchyard cross. Late C13, restored late C19. Local stone and Ham stone. Three stage calvary, nosing to second stage, square socket broached to an octagon, C19 octagonal shaft surmounted by gabled niche, trefoil headed opening containing figure of St Peter. (Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877).

Listing NGR: ST0107636356

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
265387
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pooley, C, An Historical and Descriptive Account of the Old Stone Crosses of Somerset, (1877)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06703/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Parslow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].