LUCKESSES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1057320

Date first listed: 02-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: LUCKESSES FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LUCKESSES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057320 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 06:53:45.

Location

Statutory Address: LUCKESSES FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: West Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Exford

National Park: EXMOOR

National Grid Reference: SS 84421 38978

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details



SS83NW EXFORD CP

EDGCOTT

12/5 Luckesses Farmhouse -

- II Farmhouse and stables. Cl6, alterations dated 1639, extended late C19. Roughcast over rubble, slate roofs, higher independently hipped roof left, large central roughcast stack at junction of change in roof levels. Plan: thought to be 3-cell enlarged, partly rebuilt and possibly a longhouse. Two storeys, long 5-bay facade, mainly C20 casements, left window below eaves, wall breaks forward for one bay with 3-light leaded iron casement with wooden boarding below eaves, C20 caseaent end bay right, ground floor right unlit with very shallow buttresses or batter to wall, two 3-light windows left, studded plank door reached by 2 steps, 3-light left and in recessed end bay half-glazed many paned door, 3 steps. Said to have datestone '1639 June 14' on rear wall. Abutting left at right angles C19 3-bay stable block with loft over. Interior not seen. (VAG Report, unpublished SRO, July 1979).

Listing NGR: SS8442138978

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 265418

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Vernacular Architecture Group Report' in July, (1979)

End of official listing