- Heritage Category:
- Listed Building
- List Entry Number:
- Date first listed:
- Statutory Address:
The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057333 .pdf
The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.
This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 18:57:04.
- Statutory Address:
The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.
- West Somerset (District Authority)
- National Park:
- National Grid Reference:
- SS 91115 44286
SS9142 LUCCOMBE CP
Part of manor house now semi-detached dwellings. Probably late C16-early C17, altered and refenestrated early and mid C19. Roughcast over random rubble, thatched roof hipped to right, large external roughcast stone stack left gable end, brick stack centre, tall brick stack rising from eaves on right return. Plan; not clear without internal inspection, thought to be 3-4 cell service wing of farmhouse. Gothick style. Two storeys, 3:2 bays, thatch continued as pentice roofs to 2-light ogee headed bay windows, with circular leading carried on shaped brackets, second and fourth bays left, other first floor windows 2-light with divided tracery, ground floor 2 segmental headed recesses flanking entrance filled right with 4-light French windows, divided tracery, left renewed C20 with similar 2-light window, two 2-light windows with divided tracery in end bays right; entrance half-glazed door, gabled rustic wooden porch. Right return first floor 2-light window with divided tracery, C20 window below. Wychanger (qv) abutting to right. Interior not sighted, William Harrison died 1615, with a fine brass in the Church of St Mary the Virgin (qv) owned this property. The history of the Manor is discussed by Chadwick-Healey. (Chadwick-Healey, The History of the Part of West Somerset, 1901).
Listing NGR: SS9111544286
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
- Legacy System number:
- Legacy System:
Books and journals
Healey, C, The History of the Part of West Somerset, (1901)
This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.
End of official listing