WOODADVENT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057574
Date first listed:
21-Dec-1984
Statutory Address:
WOODADVENT FARMHOUSE, ROADWATER

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOODADVENT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057574 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 08:01:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOODADVENT FARMHOUSE, ROADWATER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
West Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Nettlecombe
National Park:
EXMOOR
National Grid Reference:
ST 03624 37372

Details

ST03NW NETTLECOMBE CP ROADWATER

4/41 Woodadvent Farmhouse

-

- II

Farmhouse. Circa 1820 on site of earlier dwelling. For Sir John Trevelyan. Rendered over rubble, double span slate roofs, gable ends slate hung, brick stacks gable ends. Double pile, lower single bay wings. 2 storeys, 3 bays; 12 pane sash windows, tripartite windows in segmental-headed openings in outer bays, central open pediment doorcase, C20 glazed door. Monopitch roofed, single bay, lower wings with blind niches, lit on returns. Interior not viewed. The house at Woodadvent is referred to as the Manor House in 1523 and a survey in 1619 shows it to have been quite extensive. (VCH Somerset, Vol 5, forthcoming).

Listing NGR: ST0362437372

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
264799
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Dunning, R W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1985)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06703/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Malcolm Parslow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].