CANAL BRIDGE AT OS 321300

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1057648

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: CANAL BRIDGE AT OS 321300, BUCKFORD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CANAL BRIDGE AT OS 321300
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057648 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 10:09:18.

Location

Statutory Address: CANAL BRIDGE AT OS 321300, BUCKFORD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Twyford and Stenson

National Grid Reference: SK 32108 30058

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARISH OF TWYFORD AND STENSON OFF BUCKFORD LANE SK 33 SW 1/100 (North Side) Canal Bridge at OS 321 300 II

Bridge carrying a farm track over the Trent and Mersey Grand Trunk Canal. c1777. James Brindley engineer. Red brick with later repairs in red and blue brick. Single segmental arch. The walls curve out to the ends and have end piers. Plain parapet walls ramped to centre and with stone copings. Above the arch on each side is an oval metal plaque giving the number of the bridge. The Trent and Mersey Canal was sanctioned by an act of 1766, opened to a point near Stafford in 1770 and completed in 1777.

Listing NGR: SK3210830058

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 82783

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing