22 AND 24, LOWER TENTERFIELD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057667
Date first listed:
12-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
22 AND 24, LOWER TENTERFIELD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 22 AND 24, LOWER TENTERFIELD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057667 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 03:35:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
22 AND 24, LOWER TENTERFIELD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rochdale (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 85695 14565

Details

SD 81 SE ROCHDALE LOWER TENTERFIELD SD 85631452

6/74 Nos. 22 and 24.

II

Farmhouse, now 2 houses. 1777 on datestone although the left hand wing dates from mid C17. Watershot stone, coursed stone and stone slate roof. 2 unit, 2-storey house of 1777 which was added to what now forms a crosswing of 2 rooms and 2-storeys. The 1777 range has a central entrance with square-cut monolithic jambs, a plaque above reading "The Reverend John Barlow M. A. Vicar of Leigh 1777" and a square window above. There are 4 3-light flat-faced mullion windows and a blocked taking-in door to the right gable. The C17 wing has a stone plinth, stone quoins, and ovolo- moulded 5-light double chamfered window with hoodmould to each floor of the gable. The side has 2 chamfered 3-light windows, an inserted taking-in door and a heavy projecting chimney stack with weatherings. The fireplace has chamfered jambs and heavy stone lintel. The beams are chamfered.

Listing NGR: SD8569514565

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
358902
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00646/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Pamela Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].