14, TRINITY ROW, 11, TRINITY STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057765
Date first listed:
16-Feb-1983
Statutory Address:
11, TRINITY STREET
Statutory Address:
14, TRINITY ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of 14, TRINITY ROW, 11, TRINITY STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057765 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 08:23:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
11, TRINITY STREET
Statutory Address:
14, TRINITY ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Frome
National Grid Reference:
ST 77231 48282

Details

1. 5363 TRINITY STREET (South-west side)

ST 7748 SW 4/406 GV No 11

II

2. Includes No 14 Trinity Row. Circa 1718-22 (leases). No 11 was formerly the Trooper Inn (Trinity Street was called Trooper Street). 2½ storeys, rubble with partile roof, brick chimney to right. 2 raking top dormers. 3 windows on 1st floor, 2-light recessed ogee moulded mullioned casements. 1 window (paired plate glass sashes) on ground floor to right and a single light Window to left (probably formerly like the 1st floor windows). Mid-C19 doorway, original doorway can be traced in centre. Interior: winder stairs survive above 1st floor and to cellar (in stone). No 14 Trinity Row is 2 storey rubble extension to No 11 : circa 1800 or slightly earlier; pantile roof with stone base courses, stone gable end chimney and windows on 1st floor, glazing bar sashes with wooden lintels. Formerly a separate outhouse. (See also RCHM. Trinity Area).

Listing NGR: ST7723148282

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
266321
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Leech, R, 'Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England Supplementary Series' in Early Industrial Housing In The Trinity Area Of Frome, (1981)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/04614/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Geraldine Bunn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].