STONEWALL MANOR INCLUDING FLANKING GARDEN WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1057812
Date first listed:
22-Jul-1949
Statutory Address:
STONEWALL MANOR INCLUDING FLANKING GARDEN WALLS, 36, LOWER KEYFORD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STONEWALL MANOR INCLUDING FLANKING GARDEN WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057812 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 01:11:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
STONEWALL MANOR INCLUDING FLANKING GARDEN WALLS, 36, LOWER KEYFORD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Frome
National Grid Reference:
ST 77589 47130

Details

1. 5363 LOWER KEYFORD

No 36 (Stonewall GV Manor) including ST 7747 SE 12/84 22.7.49 flanking garden walls II

2. Circa 1700 remodelling of older fabric. Rubble walls with flush relieving arches, stone-tiled roof with 3 stone chimneys, 3 gables to front. 3 storeys. 3 windows, 2-, 3- and 4-light casements with moulded stone mullions and dripmoulds. Plain doorway. Complex gable treatment to rear. Garden front: weathered string over ground floor, returned and stopped to each gable end over blocked doorway. The ground floor windows and doorway seem to be modern imitation although the 9-panel door may be original. East front has 2 bay extension with modern door surround with a C17 studded door. Extension at right angles (the entrance to back yard) has an oak late C17 stop moulded ovolo surround and studded door. Gable end to street has 2 light wide ogee mullion windows and dripmoulds to ground and attic floors and a narrow vent window above with chamfered hood. Interia: imitating circa 1600 features (eg fireplaces with urn stop surrounds). Part of hall has 2 bays of decorated early C17 plaster ceiling. Rubble garden wall extended 25 yards to east and 15 yards to west, 7 or 8 feet high. Door in western stretch with late C17 ovolo surround.

Listing NGR: ST7758947130

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
266233
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].