Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1057829

Date first listed: 22-Jul-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Feb-1983



Ordnance survey map of FOUNTAIN HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1057829 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Apr-2019 at 18:11:29.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: Frome

National Grid Reference: ST 77109 48279


1. 5363 GOULDS GROUND (South East side)

GV Fountain House ST 7748 SW 4/69 22.7.49 (formerly listed under Trinity Parade) II*

2. Once the parsonage for Holy Trinity Church (from 1856 till recently). Built 1818, house of character. Main front to north-east. Ashlar with slate roof. Centre 3 storeys, sides 2 storeys, divided by pilasters. Central 2 storey 3-light bow. 1:3:1 windows, glazing bar sashes. Ground floor side windows in arched recesses. Pedimented attic over central unit and balustraded parapet over sides (now in artificial stone). string at 1st floor level. Moulded cornice. Road front: 2 windows and large 2 storey angled bay to right. Cornice and parapet (with baluster panels over windows). Hipped cross wing over bay. Roughly central glazed porch with Tuscan columns, half glazed door (2 lower panels reeded). Rubble wall, formerly of outhouse, to right with Tudor-arch doorway (c.1840) with drip and panelled spandrels. Interior: room on ground floor to south-east has segment-arched recess with edge- ball decoration and panelled soffit. Bay window room on ground floor has a similar recess. Attic fireplace has tracery panelled surround and tracery moulded onto cheeks of contemporary grate.

Listing NGR: ST7710948279


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 266178

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing