TWO IDENTICAL CHEST TOMBS TO EDWARDS FAMILY, IN CHURCHYARD 20 METRES NORTH-EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1058080

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: TWO IDENTICAL CHEST TOMBS TO EDWARDS FAMILY, IN CHURCHYARD 20 METRES NORTH-EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, FROME ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO IDENTICAL CHEST TOMBS TO EDWARDS FAMILY, IN CHURCHYARD 20 METRES NORTH-EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058080 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 13:30:14.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO IDENTICAL CHEST TOMBS TO EDWARDS FAMILY, IN CHURCHYARD 20 METRES NORTH-EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, FROME ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: Rode

National Grid Reference: ST 80834 53403

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST8053 RODE CP FROME ROAD (South East side)

13/350 Two identical chest tombs to Edwards Family, in churchyard 20 metres North-East of chancel, Church of St Laurence -

GV II

Two identical chest tombs to Edwards Family. Circa 1778. Each an ashlar chest on a moulded plinth, 3 three quarter Tuscan columns to North and South sides, 2 further columns to East and West ends; shields in relief with dedicatory inscriptions, earliest to Edith Edwards, 1698, reinterred 1778 upon the death of John Edwards Junior when both tombs were constructed.

Listing NGR: ST8083453403

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 267297

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing