LULLINGTON COTTAGE LULLINGTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1058137
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1984
Statutory Address:
LULLINGTON COTTAGE
Statutory Address:
LULLINGTON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LULLINGTON COTTAGE
LULLINGTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058137 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jun-2019 at 10:52:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
LULLINGTON COTTAGE
Statutory Address:
LULLINGTON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Lullington
National Grid Reference:
ST 78565 51947

Details

ST75SE LULLINGTON CP

4/189 Lullington House and Lullington Cottage

-

GV II

Former estate managers house, now divided into 2 dwellings. Dated 1866, probably by T H Wyatt. Random rubble, dressed quoins, stone slate roof, rubble and dressed stone stacks capped with brick. "T"-plan; 2 storeys and attic and one storey and attic, 1:3 bays; that to left projecting under a gable, 6 light moulded stone mullioned windows to ground and first floors, that to ground floor with a transom; single light opening in the gable above. Right 3 bays set back, 2 and 4-light moulded stone mullioned windows to ground floor with stopped labels and relieving arches; gabled dormer to first floor, 2 light mullioned windows; demi-dormer adjoinging projecting lateral stack. Door opening set back to left, broad moulded segmental headed archway giving onto a porch, door opening to right, six panelled door, top 2 panels glazed; above opening to porch a recessed stone plaque with raised stone lettering:- "WD 1866". Left return in a similar style. Part of the Orchardlea Estate.

Listing NGR: ST7856951950

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
267135
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].