This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ASHLEAF LYNWOOD

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ASHLEAF LYNWOOD

List entry Number: 1058210

Location

19, GOOSE STREET
ASHLEAF, 17, GOOSE STREET
LYNWOOD, 21, GOOSE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Beckington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 267000

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST8051 BECKINGTON CP GOOSE STREET (North side)

15/58 No 17 (Ashleaf), 19 and 21 (Lynwood)

-

GV II

Row of 3 former almshouses. Ante 1670, rebuilt 1846. Random rubble, double-Roman tile roof, 3 brick stacks. Vernacular Revival style. Two storeys, 1:1:1 bays, 3-light moulded stone mullioned windows with stopped labels, that to first floor of number 19 with 2 leaded lights. Three door openings, vertical plank doors, except that to number 17 which is half glazed and panelled, all under wooden lintels. Cast iron plaque above door of number 19, raised lettering:- "These 3 houses and gardens were the gift of Mrs. Ash, her son John, and William Iveleaf, about the year 1670 to the Charity School and Almshouses at Frome. Rebuilt by the Trustees A.D. 1846".

Listing NGR: ST8016051998

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 80160 51998

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058210 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 03:00:15.

End of official listing