Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1058278

Date first listed: 27-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: THE RECTORY


Ordnance survey map of THE RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058278 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Mar-2019 at 02:16:47.


Statutory Address: THE RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: Trudoxhill

National Grid Reference: ST 75608 44493



7/158 The Rectory


- II

Rectory. Circa 1839 by Edward Davis of Bath for the Duke of Cork and Orrery of Marston House. Squared and coursed Doulting, hipped slate roof, wide eaves, ashlar stacks. "L"-plan, Italianate. 2 and 3 storeys, irregular fenestration; sash windows with marginal lights, those to ground floor have cornices on brackets. Semi-circular head door opening in aediculated surround, paired 4-panelled doors. Stair light to roof made up of 3 semi-circular headed openings to each side under a hipped roof. Interior contains doors, fireplace, plasterwork and cantilever staircase of the period.

Listing NGR: ST7560844493


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 266855

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing