MASONIC HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1058428

Date first listed: 20-May-1952

Statutory Address: MASONIC HALL, 6, 7 AND 8, DRAYCOTT

Map

Ordnance survey map of MASONIC HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058428 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 15:27:35.

Location

Statutory Address: MASONIC HALL, 6, 7 AND 8, DRAYCOTT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: Shepton Mallet

National Grid Reference: ST 61723 43838

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST6143 SHEPTON MALLET CP Draycott (South side)

6/102 Nos 6, 7 & 8 (Masonic Hall)

20.5.52

GV II

Masonic Hall and associated range of buildings. Circa 1800. Painted rubble, dressed quoins, slate and double roman roofs, coped verges. 2-storeys, 2-bays, sashes with glazing bars in plain stone surrounds. 2-light stone mullioned windows. Central door opening, wooden canopy on brackets. 6-panelled door. 3-storey, 7-bay wing to right return, openings to first and second floors only, cambered head sashes and 2-light stone mullion windows respectively. Covered cloister walk along ground floor supported on slender stone Ionic columns. Further 3-storey, 6-bay wing set back to right, 2-light casements. 2-elliptical archways to ground floor. Projecting wing of lower height to right, on the roof ridge of which is an octagonal lantern with 8-semi-circular headed openings containing fixed light windows with glazing bars, and surmounted by a lead covered cupola.Grms group with Sales House (qv) being part of former Convent of the Order of the visitation.

Listing NGR: ST6172343838

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 266500

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing