DINDER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1058621

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1966

Statutory Address: DINDER HOUSE, THE ROOKERY

Map

Ordnance survey map of DINDER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058621 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 18:14:01.

Location

Statutory Address: DINDER HOUSE, THE ROOKERY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: St. Cuthbert Out

National Grid Reference: ST 57532 44546

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST54SE DINDER CP THE ROOKERY (West side)

15/45 Dinder House 22.11.66

GV II

Small country house in landscaped grounds. 1799-1801, possibly by Nicholls of Bath, outer bays added c1850 by Vulliany, further single storey addition to north of 1929. Ashlar, hipped slate roof, ashlar stacks with moulded caps, box dormers. Regency. Symmetrical garden front, basement, 2 storeys and attic, 1:1:3:1:1 bays, those to each side stepped back slightly, centre 3 in full height segmental bow. Basement with banded rustication, banded corner pilasters, 2 giant Ionic pilasters between the bays, frieze, moulded dentil cornice, parapet with coping, baluster panels at intervals. Sash windows with glazing bars in recessed architraves, tripartite windows on ground floor flanking central bow, each window with aid C19 ornamental blind box. Lead rainwater head to left side of bow. Entrance front in conforming style; central door opening in mid C19 distyle Ionic portico in antis, side walls with banded rustication, baluster parapet set back, recessed segmental head door opening, fanlight with radiating glazing bars, paired half-glazed doors, sidelights. Interior with oval shaped vestible, curved panelled doors in reeded surrounds conforming to the line of the walls; principal rooms with ornamental plasterwork, one with marble chimneypiece in a reeded surround with cross banding; geometrical stone cantilever staircast, wreathed mahogany handrail, wrought iron balustrading. Kitchen to basement with C19 cast iron range. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, North Somerset and Bristol, 1958; Country Life, October 20, 1977).

Listing NGR: ST5753244546

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 268064

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: North Somerset and Bristol, (1958)
'Country Life' in 20 October, (1977)

End of official listing