PAIR OF SALMON FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST VIGOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1058673
Date first listed:
25-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF SALMON FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST VIGOR, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF SALMON FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST VIGOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058673 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 14:22:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF SALMON FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST VIGOR, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Stratton on the Fosse
National Grid Reference:
ST 65940 50775

Details

STRATON-ON-THE-FOSSE CP CHURCH LANE (North side) ST65SE 13/183 Pair of Salmon family monuments in churchyard, about 7 m south of Church of St. Vigor -

GV II

Pair of chest tombs. Nearest to church to Henry Salmon of 1662; the other to Thomas Salmon of 1757, though chest probably earlier. Dressed stone. Both similar with plain oblong chests on moulded plinths, hipped slab tops moulded around lower edges.

Listing NGR: ST6593850778

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
267995
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Nov 2005
Reference: IOE01/14466/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robert Hornyold-Strickland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].