This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

List entry Number: 1058736

Location

CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Coleford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1968

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 267841

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

COLEFORD CP CHURCH STREET (West side) ST64NE 9/58 Church of The Holy Trinity 11.3.68 GV II

Anglican Parish Church. 1831 by J. Sperring. Ashlar, slate and asbestos slate roofs, coped verges with pinnacles, cruciform finial, slender 2- stage buttresses. Broao nave with aisles, short chancel, west tower with single storey flanking rooms, one a vestry, one a store/churchroom. Perpendicular style. Slender tower with battlements, 2 stages, diagonal buttresses ascending to pinnacles, 2-light bell-chamber windows with stone grilles, 2-light West window. Four bay nave, 2-light windows; embattled gabled south porch, pointed-arch door opening, C20 doors, traceried transom; traceried inner doors. Chancel blank on north and south sides; 3- light East window. Plastered interior with C19 and C20 wall monuments; ceiling to nave with moulded cornice and a moulded central rib. Stone reredos with inscriptions. Perpendicular style stone pulpit and font probably of 1831. Late C19 organ and benches. Late C19 and C20 stained glass. Bell said to come from Fonthill Abbey in #iltshire. (Wood S., A short History of Coleford Parish Church, 1971).

Listing NGR: ST6865749000

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Wood, S , A Short History of Coleford Parish Church, (1971)

National Grid Reference: ST6865749000

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058736 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 06:16:29.

End of official listing