CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1058893

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058893 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2018 at 18:14:55.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Mendip (District Authority)

Parish: Selwood

National Grid Reference: ST 79881 47719

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST74NE SELWOOD CP RODDEN

7/449 Church of All Saints (previously listed as Rodden Church) 11.3.68

GV II*

Church. Dated 1640, rebuilt mid C19. Three bay nave, one bay chancel, small diagonally-buttressed embattled west tower, gabled south porch. Coursed and squared rubble, tile roof, decorative ridge tiles, coped verges with cruciform finials. Two-light hollow-moulded stone-mullioned windows, each light with a 4-centred head, stopped labels, 4-light east window in a pointed head surround, reticulated tracery. Tower with a moulded cornice below parapet, single segmental headed bell opening to each face, dripmould over each, bell louvres. Stone plaque above door opening to porch, raised lettering:- "1640". Interior with Jacobean pews; C18 pulpit; 6 wall monuments of C19, some by Chapman of Frome; 2 C18 coffin stools; some stained glass of late C19; font on large central shaft with 3 smaller flanking shafts probably of early C19.

Listing NGR: ST7988147719

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 267396

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing