WEST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1058980

Date first listed: 12-Dec-1995

Statutory Address: WEST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL, ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1058980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 04:41:56.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST BLOCK AT HOLLIS HOSPITAL, ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Sheffield (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 31284 82648

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHEFFIELD

SK38SW ECCLESALL ROAD SOUTH 784-1/9/298 (South East side) West block at Hollis Hospital

GV II

West block at Hollis Hospital, now old people's home. 1903. By Howard C Clarke. Red brick, with coursed squared stone plinth, rendered panels and sham timber framing with rendered nogging. Hipped plain tile roof with 2 brick ridge stacks with corbelled lozenge shaped double flues. Vernacular Revival style. Single storey; 4 window range. Windows are mainly glazing bar sashes. In the centre, a half-glazed door flanked to left by a small glazing bar window. Beyond, square wooden bay windows with timber-framed gables, 3 lights. Left return has a recessed inscribed slate plaque flanked by single segment-headed 8-pane sashes. Rear has similar fenestration, with a central 2-light casement. INTERIOR not inspected. The hospital was established by Thomas Hollis in 1703.

Listing NGR: SK3128482648

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 457537

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing