BALUSTRADED WALL TO THE QUARRY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1059008

Date first listed: 19-Sep-1972

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Nov-1995

Statutory Address: BALUSTRADED WALL TO THE QUARRY, ST CHAD'S TERRACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BALUSTRADED WALL TO THE QUARRY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1059008 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 15:36:30.

Location

Statutory Address: BALUSTRADED WALL TO THE QUARRY, ST CHAD'S TERRACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shrewsbury

National Grid Reference: SJ 48810 12399

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SHREWSBURY

SJ4812SE ST CHAD'S TERRACE 653-1/14/542 (West side) 19/09/72 Balustraded wall to The Quarry (Formerly Listed as: THE QUARRY (OR THE DINGLE) Balustrade adjoining St Chad's Terrace)

GV II

Wall. Dated 1906. For Shrewsbury Horticultural Society. Ashlar. Approx 30m long. Balustrades alternate with solid panels, all with shallow pyramidal copings, divided by piers with double chamfered caps. 2 bowed sections project into park, and in the centre of the length, a raised section of parapet carries an inscription reading "This balustrade was erected by the Shrewsbury Horticultural Society 1906", with the Salop arms over.

Listing NGR: SJ4881012399

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 458021

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing