THE RED LION INN PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1059472

Date first listed: 11-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: THE RED LION INN PUBLIC HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RED LION INN PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1059472 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 19:22:40.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RED LION INN PUBLIC HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Britwell Salome

National Grid Reference: SU 67083 93224

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRITWELL SU6793 8/23 The Red Lion Inn Public House

GV II

Inn, now public house. Late C18/early C19. Front of header bond grey brick with red brick dressings; sides and rear of colourwashed chalk with brick dressings; hipped old tile roof; brick rear lateral stacks. L-plan with rear left wing. 2 storeys; 3-window range. Pedimented doorway to 6-panelled (2 glazed) door, flanked by canted bays with horned sashes. Gauged brick flat arches over 6-pane sashes. Red brick eaves band and dentilled eaves. Late C18 rear wing of one-storey and attic, 2-window range: chalk and flint rubble with brick dressings, gabled old tile roof and brick internal stack; 6-panelled door, C20 bay window and horizontal-sliding sash. C19 brick rear bay. Interior not inspected. The Tithe Commissioners met here in 1841. (V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol VIII, p.44).

Listing NGR: SU6708393224

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 247494

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1954), 44

End of official listing