CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1059752
Date first listed:
18-Jul-1963
Date of most recent amendment:
03-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1059752 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 05:24:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
CUTT MILL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
South Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Cuxham with Easington
National Grid Reference:
SU 66133 96166

Details

CUXHAM WITH EASINGTON CUXHAM SU69NE 4/87 Cutt Mill and attached 18/07/63 outbuilding (Formerly listed as Cutt Mill including outbuildings)

GV II

Mill and millhouse. Mid C18. Header bond grey brick with red brick dressings, except brick half-bay added to right in late C18; gabled old tile roof; brick right end and rear stacks. 2-unit plan. 2 storeys; symmetrical 3-window range. Segmental arches over C19 panelled door in moulded wood architrave and 2-light casements except blind window over door. Red brick storey band and dentilled eaves. Two-storey rear range of c.1840, brick with Welsh slate roof. Two-storey mill to left: banded red and flared brick, chalk rubble rear wall; gambrel old tile roof; segmental arches over C19 panelled door in right bay, 2 tall glazed windows and blocked mill race. 2-bay cartshed to left, of weatherboarding, half-hipped old tile roof, braced posts and collar truss with clasped purlins. Interior, not inspected. In the medieval period Cutt Mill ground the manorial corn. (P.D.A. Harvey, A Medieval Oxfordshire Village, Cuxham, 1240-1400, 1965).

Listing NGR: SU6613396166

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
248933
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Harvey, P D A, A Medieval Oxfordshire Village Cuxham 1240-1400, (1965)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].