This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BRIGHTWELL PARK

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BRIGHTWELL PARK

List entry Number: 1059759

Location

BRIGHTWELL PARK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Brightwell Baldwin

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 248850

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN

SU69NE 4/5

Brightwell Park

GV II

Stables, now house, c.1770-90. Limestone ashlar; hipped Welsh slate roof; stone ridge stacks. U-plan. 2 storeys; symmetrical 4-window range with pedimented central 2 bays. 6-panelled door set in projecting moulded surround flanked by one-light windows; flat stone arches over C20 two-light windows, set in round-arched reveals on ground-floor outer bays; string course. One-storey wings, partly remodelled in C20, flank courtyard: pedimented with round-arched recesses. Walls attached to square piers with eagle finials enclose yard at front. Interior not inspected. Formerly the stable block to Brightwell Park, which was rebuilt c.1790 and was demolished in the C20. (Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.485).

Listing NGR: SU6519195197

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Sherwood, J , The Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, (1974), 485

National Grid Reference: SU6519195197

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1059759 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 06:38:19.

End of official listing