This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1060130

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Sedgemoor

District Type: District Authority

Parish: East Huntspill

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 269473

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EAST HUNTSPILL CP CHURCH ROAD (West side) ST34NW

2/33 Church of All Saints - - II

Anglican parish church. 1839 by G P Manners, bell-chamber added late C19. Dressed lias, freestone dressings, coped verges, slate roofs, cruciform finials, arcaded ashlar bellcote to west, 2-stage bell-chamber above porch with pyramidal slate roof. Neo Norman. Nave, chancel, south porch, north vestry. Three bay nave, plinth with offset, pilasters, sill and impost bands, corbel table; single-light semi-circular head windows; west end with interlacing arches, 3 semi-circular head lancets, above large 2-light window, shafts with cushion caps. Porch with elaborate doorway with chevron ornament, plank door with scroll iron hinges. Lower 2-bay chancel, similar fenestration. Interior plastered with coeval and later C19 fittings; box pews; neo-Norman pulpit; good carved lectern; stained glass; wall monuments. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958).

Listing NGR: ST3439745125

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: South and West Somerset, (1958)

National Grid Reference: ST 34397 45125

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060130 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 09:40:51.

End of official listing