HIGHER FYFETT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060235

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: HIGHER FYFETT FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGHER FYFETT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060235 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 06:31:04.

Location

Statutory Address: HIGHER FYFETT FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Otterford

National Grid Reference: ST 23285 14572

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST21SW OTTERFORD CP FYFETT 8/47 Higher Fyfett Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Dated 1677, restored 1861, reroofed and restored 1976-80. Chert stone random rubble formerly rendered, Ham stone dressings, renewed mullions in reconstructed stone, concrete double Roman tiled roof, stone stacks to left of through passage and centre of cross wing, evidence of former stack at right gable end with bread oven projection. Plan: 2-cell and cross passage with 2-cell cross wing left, former dairy at rear right. Two storeys, 1:2 bays, end bay left gable fronted with square plaque in apex inscribed in incised lettering "Built 1677 Rest. 1861", all 3-light chamfered stone mullions without hood moulds, entrance centre right with square headed doorway, late C20 door in period style. Reconstructed stone mullions in returns, 2 single light windows inserted right gable end. Interior not seen. The Masters and Day Map of Somerset published 1782 shows a house of some importance at Fyfett, but whether it is this dwelling or one that formerly stood to the south is not clear. There are monuments in Otterford churchyard to the Willie family of Fyfett.

Listing NGR: ST2477613149

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 271215

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing