UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 15 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST GREGORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060243

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 15 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST GREGORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 15 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST GREGORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060243 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 15:18:17.

Location

Statutory Address: UNIDENTIFIED MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 15 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST GREGORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Stoke St. Gregory

National Grid Reference: ST 34827 27131

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST32NW STOKE ST GREGORY CP STOKE ST GREGORY VILLAGE

3/70 Unidentified monument in churchyard, about 15 m south of chancel, Church of St Gregory

GV II

Chest tomb. Possibly C16. Ham stone top and carved panels, body squared and coursed blue lias. Flat top, steeply chamfered cornice. North and south sides both with inset rectangular panels bearing coat of arms, said to be those of the Montague family who owned Slough Farm (qv) in the Middle Ages. Tilted towards south. An unusual design. (Olivey, North Curry, 1901).

Listing NGR: ST3483027142

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 271238

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Olivey, , North Curry, (1901)

End of official listing