BARN WITH HORSE ENGINE HOUSE ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060286

Date first listed: 07-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: BARN WITH HORSE ENGINE HOUSE ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN WITH HORSE ENGINE HOUSE ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060286 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 17:45:44.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN WITH HORSE ENGINE HOUSE ABOUT 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Wellington Without

National Grid Reference: ST 09751 20920

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST02SE WELLINGTON WITHOUT CP 3/180 THORNE ST MARGARET VILLAGE Barn with horse engine house about 10 m south-east of Manor Farmhouse GV II Double threshing barn with horse engine house, now milking parlour. Dated 1830. Random rubble local stone, br:ck dressing, slate roof and hitumen covered with corrugated asbestos to engine house. Plan: double threshing barn, loading bay with 3-bay arcade south end, horse engine house centre of east side. West front: 2 segmental headed double doorways with corrugated iron covering, central boarded opening just below eaves; segmental headed loft openings north and south ends with 3-bay semi-circular headed arcade south end; semi-circular engine house projecting on foldyard side, now milking parlour. Interior of barn not seen, said to contain king post roof dated 1830, (VAG Report, unpublished SRO, february 1981).

Listing NGR: ST0975120920

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 271136

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Vernacular Architecture Group Report' in February, (1981)

End of official listing