CHURCHYARD CROSS IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 80 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1060411
Date first listed:
21-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 80 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD CROSS IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 80 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060411 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 09:35:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 80 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Taunton Deane (District Authority)
Parish:
North Curry
National Grid Reference:
ST 31956 25487

Details

NORTH CURRY CP CHURCH ROAD (North side) ST3125

10/37 Churchyard cross in churchyard, about 80 m south of chancel, Church of St Peter and St Paul -

GV II*

Churchyard cross. C15 socket, otherwise rebuilt in C15 style in 1891 by Edmund Buckle for the Rev Prebendary Buller in memory of his sister, Miss Florence Buller. Ham stone. Three stage calvary with nosing, chamfered plinth, octagonal socket decorated with quatrefoil panels and trefoil headed niches on square angled shafts, octagonal socket with crocketted decoration and cross. Inscribed on upper stage of calvary with names and dates of Buller family. A fine reconstruction. (O1ivey, North Curry, 1901; Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877).

Listing NGR: ST3195625488

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
270821
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Olivey, , North Curry, (1901)
Pooley, C, An Historical and Descriptive Account of the Old Stone Crosses of Somerset, (1877)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00160/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mick Humphreys. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].