This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

JOHN HADDON CHEST TOMB, IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT SEVEN METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: JOHN HADDON CHEST TOMB, IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT SEVEN METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

List entry Number: 1060480

Location

JOHN HADDON CHEST TOMB, IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT SEVEN METRES SOUTH OF PORCH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, STAPLEGROVE, TAUNTON, TA2 6EJ

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Staplegrove

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 270687

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/08/2017

ST22NW 5/231

STAPLEGROVE CP STAPLEGROVE VILLAGE John Haddon chest tomb, in churchyard about seven metres south of porch, Church of St John the Evangelist

(Formerly listed as John Haddon chest tomb, in churchyard about seven metres south of porch, Church of St John)

GV II Chest tomb, Mid C18, early C19 addition. Conglomerate. Ledger topped, cyma recta moulded cornice, moulded plinth, inscriptions on all faces, flanked by, columns divided into three raised and fielded-panels. Earliest legible inscription on north face to John Haddon died 1786, most recent on south face to James Turner died 1840.

Listing NGR: ST2121526424

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 21215 26424

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060480 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 02:11:29.

End of official listing