LOVES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060688

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: LOVES FARMHOUSE, GOUDHURST ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOVES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060688 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 00:10:13.

Location

Statutory Address: LOVES FARMHOUSE, GOUDHURST ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Maidstone (District Authority)

Parish: Marden

National Grid Reference: TQ 73647 41881

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 74 SW MARDEN GOUDHURST ROAD (west side)

3/53 Loves Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. C15 or early C16, partly rebuilt c.1726. Restored, with addition to right, 1986. Timber-framed core. Front elevation red and grey brick in Flemish bond. First floor of left gable end tile-hung. Plain tile roof. Storeyed C15 or early C16 cross-wing of 2 timber- framed bays, to left. Addition or, probably, rebuilding to right, of one timber-framed bay and stack bay, flush with front gable end of wing. 2 storeys, on chamfered brick plinth. Boxed eaves. Wing roof hipped to front and rear, hips returning to right along C18 bays. Multiple brick ridge stack to left of centre. Regular 3-window front of two three-light and central two-light casements. Ribbed door with flat corniced hood under stack. Single-bay brick addition of 1986 to right end. Stack dated A . Interior: exposed framing to first I M 1726 floor of wing, with tension braces, gunstock-jowled posts, chamfered wall-plates and tie-beams and chamfered cambered central tie-beam with solid-spandrel arch braces, moulded fillet and formerly with crown post. Chamfered cross-beam to ground floor. Axial beams of smaller scantling to right section. Ground-floor fireplaces with rendered brick jambs and wooden bressumers.

Listing NGR: TQ7364741881

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 174710

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing