GREENWAY COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060798

Date first listed: 21-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: GREENWAY COURT, GREENWAY COURT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREENWAY COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060798 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 08:24:00.

Location

Statutory Address: GREENWAY COURT, GREENWAY COURT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Maidstone (District Authority)

Parish: Hollingbourne

National Grid Reference: TQ 85284 54064

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HOLLINGBOURNE GREENWAY COURT ROAD TQ 85 SE

4/159 Greenway Court

GV II

House. 1786 by B. Richardson, with C16 cellars and C18 alterations. C18 red brick in Flemish bond. Plain tile roof. 2 storeys, attics and cellars. Low C16 red brick plinth in English bond. Roof mansarded to front with brick corbels and coping to gable ends; to rear semi-mansarded to left, catslide to right. Rear stack towards each end. 3 flat-roofed dormers. Regular 3-window front of 2 tripartite and one central 16-pane sash with shallow segmental heads, in open boxes. Later canted bays to ground floor, possibly re-using tripartite sashes; that to right asymmetrically placed. Central half-glazed door with moulded wooden architrave and rectangular fanlight with radiating glazing bars. Early C20 half-glazed porch up 3 steps. Later C19 two-storey additions towards rear of right gable end. Bricks in left gable end inscribed "B. Richardson London y 1786." Interior Hot inspected. Said to have been residence of Culpeper family in C16, all but cellars destroyed by fire.

Listing NGR: TQ8528454064

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 174387

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing