FORMER ALMSHOUSES, NOW PART OF SUTTON VALENCE SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1060910

Date first listed: 20-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: FORMER ALMSHOUSES, NOW PART OF SUTTON VALENCE SCHOOL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER ALMSHOUSES, NOW PART OF SUTTON VALENCE SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060910 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 11:24:40.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER ALMSHOUSES, NOW PART OF SUTTON VALENCE SCHOOL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Maidstone (District Authority)

Parish: Sutton Valence

National Grid Reference: TQ 81267 49218

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SUTTON VALENCE HIGH STREET TQ 8049-8149 (north side) 7/138 Former Almshouses, now 20.10.52 part of Sutton Valence School II

Row of 6 almshouses, now part of school. Founded 1574 by William Lambe, restored after fire 1909-1910. Small blocks of coursed stone, with plain tile roof. One storey and attic on moulded plinth. Moulded wooden eaves cornice. 6 hipped dormers Regular 6-window front of 2-light chamfered stone mullion windows with 4-centred arched lights, one window flanking each pair of doors with interval between each group. Six chamfered 4-centred arched stone doorways in pairs; 2 towards each end and 2 to centre. Ribbed doors. Coat of arms with achievements set towards centre. Interiors not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ8126749218

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 174158

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing