BEACHBOROUGH PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1061082

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 15-May-1986

Statutory Address: BEACHBOROUGH PARK, B2065

Map

Ordnance survey map of BEACHBOROUGH PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061082 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 19:07:32.

Location

Statutory Address: BEACHBOROUGH PARK, B2065

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Shepway (District Authority)

Parish: Newington

National Grid Reference: TR 16921 38106

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 13 NE NEWINGTON B2065 (West Side) 4/39 Beachborough Park (Formerly 29.12.66 Listed as Beachborough) GV II

North part of west wing of house. 1813 by Sir James Drake Brockman, possibly with earlier core. Rendered, with slate roof. 2 storeys. West elevation: Plain stone-coped parapet above moulded rendered cornice. Roof hipped to left (north). Central bell cupola with pyramidal roof and weathervane. Painted gable end stack to right. Regular 5-window front of four recessed 6-pane sashes and central 8-pane sash. Tall 12-pane ground- floor sashes. Blank area towards left end longer than that towards right. Central door of 2 fielded panels, and semi-circular fanlight with radiating glazing bars. 2 fire insurance plaques above door. Short right return wing with sundial with segmental pediment, dated 1813, removed from demolished main range of house. Long single-storey painted brick range with slate.roof running along left gable end. Single-storey flat-roofed addition to right gable end. Wing formerly extended further to right (south) as part of an H-plan house, the central range of which was destroyed by fire in the 1950's. Interior not inspected. See also items 4/40 and 4/41.

Listing NGR: TR1692138106

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 175615

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing