BROCKHILL COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1061096

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 15-May-1986

Statutory Address: BROCKHILL COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOL, SANDLING ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROCKHILL COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061096 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2018 at 07:39:31.

Location

Statutory Address: BROCKHILL COUNTY SECONDARY SCHOOL, SANDLING ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Shepway (District Authority)

Parish: Saltwood

National Grid Reference: TR 14946 35805

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 13 NW SALTWOOD SANDLING ROAD (South-West Side)

3/72 Sandling 27.8.52 Brockhill County Secondary School (formerly listed as Brockhill Park) GV II

House, now school. 1611 by Thomas Tournay, and mid C19, with C20 alterations. C17 range roughly coursed galleted stone with plain tile roof. C19 range rendered, with slate roof. C17 range with left third (possibly partly a cross-wing) projecting forwards slightly. Linked by short left return wing (possibly cross-wing to C17 range), to C19 parallel rear range. C17 range: 2 storeys. Left end of left section and left return elevation raised to height of taller C19 range. Chamfered stone plinth. Flat eaves soffits to left end of left section. Roof of left end of left section hipped to front, roof of main range hipped to right. Red brick stack rising from eaves to front of left end section. Broad projecting C17 stone stack, also to front elevation, forming right end of left section. Narrower stone stack to centre of main range with chamfered string and stone base with brick relieving arches. Projecting stone clock tower almost adjacent to right with chamfered stone plinth. Irregular fenestration of 6 windows; two 12-pane sashes (one at half- level) with segmental heads to left end of left section; one 16-pane mullioned sash to left end of main range; one 24-pane mullioned sash to left of next stone stack and one 2-light rendered mullioned window to right of tower. Blocked rectangular chamfered stone window to left end of left section and similar window to right of porch. 8-panel stone mullioned and transomed window with moulded hoodmould to right of clock tower. Very slightly projecting stone parch towards left end of "main range" with moulded rounded arch and vestigial stone pilasters. C17 panelled door in moulded rectangular architrave dated 1611. Left return elevation refaced or rebuilt in mid C19 with entrance porch. Rear range: 2 storeys with rendered quoins and flat eaves soffits. Hipped roof. Regular 5-window front of 12-pane sashes with segmental heads, in moulded architraves. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TR1494635805

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 175650

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing