STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF STANFORD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1061435

Date first listed: 11-Jan-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Jun-1992

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF STANFORD HALL, STANFORD PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF STANFORD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061435 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 15:24:31.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK TO EAST OF STANFORD HALL, STANFORD PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough (District Authority)

Parish: Westrill and Starmore

National Grid Reference: SP 58785 79329

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 57 NE WESTRILL AND STARMORE STANFORD PARK

7/69 Stable block to east of 11/01/55 Stanford Hall (formerly listed with Stanford Hall)

GV II*

Stable block. 1737 by Francis Smith of Warwick for Sir Thomas Cave. C20 alterations. Brick with stone dressings. C20 plain tile roofs. Plinth, quoins, cornice, coped parapet. 2 courtyards. 2 storeys. South front: 7 bays, symmetrical. Central 3 bays emphasised by quoins and triangular pediment, with clockface dated 1737. Large, central entrance with rubbed brick segmental arch. To left and right, 3 glazing-bar sashes with shouldered architraves and sills with brackets. Above, 7 smaller glazing-bar sashes with shouldered architraves. Rooftop cupola with weathervane. Courtyard ranges have dentilled cornices, segmental-arched vehicle entrances, and casements with cambered arches. Range to east retains inside 6 original wooden stalls with posts with balls. Doorway in north range, aligned with south entrance, has Doric doorcase with triangular pediment, and leads to 2nd courtyard (q.v.)

Listing NGR: SP5878579329

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 191488

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 26 Leicestershire,

End of official listing