THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1061447
Date first listed:
11-Jan-1955
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061447 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 14:17:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Cotesbach
National Grid Reference:
SP 53858 82288

Details

SP 58 SW COTESBACH MAIN STREET (south side)

3/5 The Manor House 11/01/55 II GV

House. Reputedly built in 1630 by George Bennett, a London merchant. Altered late C17 and late C18. Red brick. plain tile hipped roof. Lateral stack to right, ridge stack to left with 4, diagonally set shafts and corbelled lateral stack to rear wing. U-shaped plan. Tall plinth. Moulded 1st floor band. North front: 2 storeys and attic, 4 irregular bays. Off-centre C18 doorway with C17, 9-panel studded door, with carved fan pattern, and frame with arched head with carved spandrels. C18 overlight. To left a single 3-light mullion and transom window opening casement. To right, a similar window, followed by a former doorway, with chamfered stone jambs and round arch, now a 2-light window. Above to left, another 3-light window, and to right, a 2-light mullion and transom window. Above again 2 dormers with shallow pitched roofs and glazing-bar sashes. East elevation has half-timber gabled porch, and doorway with C17 plank door.

Listing NGR: SP5385882288

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
191407
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/07080/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ian Paterson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].