CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1061548

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LUKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061548 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 19:47:04.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough (District Authority)

Parish: Wistow

National Grid Reference: SP 63997 96713

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWTON HARCOURT SP 69 NW 2/124 29.12.66. Church of St. Luke. GV II * Church. C13/C14 and 1834, enlarged later C19. Coursed rubble stone with stone dressings and colourwashed and mostly rendered red brick. Welsh slate roof. Swithland slate pyramid tower roof. W tower, nave and chancel under 1 roof, N transept and N chancel vestry. Low tower of 3 stages, lower part C13, upper C14, with W doorway, small lancet over (C19 stained glass) and 4 2-light bell openings, that to E blocked. Roof has orb and cross finial. Hollow moulded nave arch on keeled responds. Nave of 1834. Windows with Cl9 mostly patterned stained glass. 5 bay tie-beam roof with king posts and struts. N transept and N chancel vestry of later C19. c1800 chamber organ in mahogany case, originally from Wistow Hall. V.C.H., Vol.V, and Pevsner.

Listing NGR: SP6399796713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 191147

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W , The Victoria History of the County of Leicester, (1964)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Leicestershire and Rutland, (1960)

End of official listing