This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE NEVILL ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE NEVILL ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

List entry Number: 1061617

Location

THE NEVILL ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, WATERFALL WAY

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Medbourne

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Apr-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 191004

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MEDBOURNE

SP 7992 WATERFALL WAY (West Side)

10/101 The Nevill Arms Public House

GV II

Public House. Dated 1863. Coursed squared stone with quoins, plinth and stone dressings and Welsh slate roof with brick end stacks. Stone coped gables with kneelers. In Tudor style. 2 storeys of 4 stone mullion windows with leaded diamond lattice casements and hood moulds : 2 3-lights, 2-light and 3-light. Similar on ground floor with doorway instead of 2-light. 2 stone steps up to moulded drop archway with hood mould and label stops. Plank door with ornamental hinges. Wings to rear, that on right end having carriage archway to rear yard. Sides of wings facing yard are of red brick. Over the entrance door are 2 tablets painted white on black. The upper is inscribed 'The Nevill Arms' and the lower 'M' over 'G.N., 1863'. This building was purpose built by a member of the Nevill family of Nevill Holt Hall (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SP7984892915

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 79848 92915

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061617 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2018 at 03:47:28.

End of official listing